Marketing Coordinators typically report to the Marketing Manager, Marketing Director or even a Senior Marketing Coordinator depending on the size of the company and marketing team. They create marketing strategies and campaigns, track sales data and competitor activity, and maintain an inventory of promotional materials. The duties of a Marketing Coordinator may vary greatly from one company to the next, or in one field compared to another. View our free Marketing Coordinator job description template below.
Marketing Coordinator Job Description Template
Our growing company is looking for a highly motivated Marketing Coordinator to join our marketing team. This position involves assisting the rest of the marketing team with their daily activities, whether that is checking copy, sourcing images, creating a new campaign, researching trends, or preparing reports. You will be responsible for coordinating marketing content and maintaining an inventory of all of our promotional materials. A successful Marketing Coordinator will stay on top of any market changes and the activities of our competitors.
The ideal Marketing Coordinator candidate will have previous work experience in a similar role. Being able to work under pressure with tight deadlines is a must. Your attention to detail, excellent command of the English language, and strong organizational skills will be beneficial in this position.
Marketing Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- Assist the rest of the marketing team with their day-to-day marketing tasks
- Coordinate marketing projects
- Organize marketing activities
- Organize the production of branded products for the purpose of marketing, such as merchandise and stationery
- Coordinate marketing content
- Create paper marketing communications such as brochures and flyers
- Maintain an inventory of promotional materials
- Plan meetings
- Prepare marketing strategies and campaigns
- Implement tracking systems for online marketing campaigns and activities
- Stay on top of market changes
- Track the marketing mix that is used by competitors
- Track and analyze sales data
- Create and analyze sales forecasts
- Keep track of competitor activity
- Check copy
- Source images
- Assist with producing any required artwork
- Write letters and emails that use clear, concise correspondence
Marketing Coordinator Job Requirements
- Previous marketing experience in a similar role
- Highly organized
- Capable of managing several campaigns at once
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with Adobe programs
- Self motivated
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Extensive experience with social media platforms
- Understanding of social media analytics
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work within tight deadlines
- Comfortable working independently as well as in a team setting
- Excellent command of the English language
Marketing Coordinator Job Description FAQ
Is it possible for me to change the Marketing Coordinator job description?
When you create your own job posting for a Marketing Coordinator, use our job description as a sample. Read through our list of requirements and responsibilities, and then customize the post so it is relevant to your company’s needs.
What other job titles could be used in place of Marketing Coordinator?
Another possible job title for a Marketing Coordinator could be a Marketing Strategist, Digital Marketing Coordinator, Marketing Specialist, Senior Digital Marketer, Online Marketing Expert, SEO Specialist, Direct Marketing Expert, SEM Marketing Coordinator or Specialist.
What information should be included in my job posting for a Marketing Coordinator?
In your Marketing Coordinator job posting, make sure to include any additional education, experience, or skills that you will require from an ideal Marketing Coordinator. Consider any unique tasks that your company will need a Marketing Coordinator to handle, and add these to the list of responsibilities. The duties and qualifications required of Marketing Coordinators can vary greatly between companies and in different fields. Edit your job description to include any skills, training, education, tasks, or other requirements that your company will need from your Marketing Coordinator.
Do you have any sample interview questions for Marketing Coordinator interviews?
We have a list of sample interview questions for each one of our job descriptions. After you have created your job posting for a Marketing Coordinator, have a look at our list of sample questions that you can ask Marketing Coordinator applicants in an interview.