Marketing managers create promotional campaigns to advertise the products and services of a company or brand. They create marketing materials, analyze metrics to determine the success of campaigns, and brainstorm new strategies. Often, marketing managers work closely with creative teams to create promotional material, and meet regularly with management to discuss results and future goals.
Marketing Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a marketing manager who will be in charge of creating all print and online marketing materials to help our company grow. You will develop marketing strategies, analyze what is working and what is not in our current campaigns, and communicate these results to management. Creative thinking is required to brainstorm new strategies and capitalize on future marketing trends and channels. We are looking for someone who can help us improve customer retention, increase brand awareness, and improve sales.
To be selected as a candidate for our marketing manager position, you must have excellent communication and analytical skills, with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least five years of proven experience. You should have experience in marketing automation and some familiarity with current trends in online marketing and social media development strategy.
Marketing Manager Responsibilities:
- Brainstorm new marketing strategies to attract new audiences and improve retention
- Create marketing goals to maximize profits and customer retention
- Identify target audiences
- Research competitor products and pricing strategies
- Work within the department budget to achieve goals
- Research current market trends
- Organize promotional events, trade shows, and conferences
- Work closely with creative teams in copywriting and design to develop promotional content and branded material for multiple channels
- Hire and train marketing team members
- Meet with senior management to communicate marketing metrics and sales results
- Identify weaknesses in current campaigns and correct them
- Create a wide range of branded marketing materials
- Develop both short-term and long-term marketing strategies that align with the company’s brand and values
- Develop pricing strategies
- Support lead generation efforts
- Develop marketing strategies to support specific marketing and company goals
- Plan and implement promotional campaigns
- Create marketing campaigns for both online and print channels
- Measure and analyze metrics and results, optimizing as needed
Marketing Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Business
- Administration, Communications, or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills to forecast trends and analyze metrics.
- 5-7 years of proven marketing and promotion experience.
- Strong comprehension of both traditional and emerging channels for marketing.
- Experience with online content marketing.
- Knowledge of SEM.
- Knowledge of SEO.
- Ability to work well with teams.
- Proven customer service and customer-focused outreach.
- Expertise with social media development strategy and managing social accounts on multiple platforms.
- Familiarity with website development and web copy.
- Familiarity with graphic design and web design.
- Experience with marketing automation.
Marketing Manager FAQ
Can I customize your marketing manager job description template?
When you advertise for a marketing manager for your company, you should include the marketing manager information that is relevant to your company. Edit or add to the marketing manager duties and responsibilities to give applicants a better idea of what they would be doing for your company. Change the marketing manager requirements to create a job description that meets your needs.
Are there examples of job titles for marketing managers?
Marketing managers may have specific skills or be assigned to a certain department. Posting a marketing manager job description with a particular job title will attract applicants with more specific skills. For example, you could post a job description for a promotions manager, a digital marketing specialist, a sales and marketing manager, or marketing director.
What information should be included when posting a marketing manager job?
Think about the role you want your marketing manager to have in your company, and include the skills and traits you would like your next marketing manager to have. Use our job description template as a starting point for your post, and edit and add to it as needed.
Do you have examples of interview questions for marketing managers?
We have interview questions for all of our job descriptions.
After you have created a marketing manager job description that suits your company, have a look at our marketing manager interview questions.