Project Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a highly organized project engineer to ensure our projects are completed on time and under budget. It will be your responsibility to determine the necessary project specifications, create a budget and draft cost estimates, form a project schedule, and maintain the budget and schedule by resolving any unforeseen issues that may arise.
Our ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple ongoing projects, with excellent time management and project management skills. Previous experience in project planning is required. You must also have strong written and verbal communication skills, as you will be communicating with the client and regularly reporting on the project status to the project manager. We’d like applicants to have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field, and have experience working with MS Office suite and design software such as AutoCAD. If you have the experience and the traits necessary to be our next Project Engineer, we want to hear from you.
Project Engineer Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Senior Engineers to develop more efficient and profitable methods
- Develop the specifications for all of the required equipment for each project
- Assign responsibilities
- Report to and communicate with the project manager and all other project participants in order to provide assistance or support as required
- Ensure compliance to all codes, practices, quality assurance policies, quality control policies, performance standards, and specifications that are applicable to the project
- Prepare, coordinate, and monitor the assigned projects
- Oversee the collection of all project data
- Create parameters for each project, including the design elements and the implementation procedures
- Establish methods by which field tests are administered
- Develop ways to monitor the quality of the field tests
- Communicate regularly with the client in order to determine their needs, and then represent the client in the field
- Perform quality control of all the work done on the project, including the budget, plans, schedule, and performance of the personnel involved
- Report on the status of the project
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determine project specifications
- Prepare cost estimates
- Create project schedule by calculating any time requirements and sequencing all project elements
- Maintain the project schedule by monitoring progress and resolving problems
- Approve expenditures
- Enforce procedures, rules, and regulations
Project Engineer Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field
- 4+ years of related field experience and project planning experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Highly organized
- Experience with enterprise-level computer platform
- Experience in field management
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Excellent knowledge of software used for design and visualisations, such as AutoCAD
- Familiarity with the current performance standards and best practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office programs
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and resolve conflicts
Project Engineer Job Description FAQ
Am I allowed to change the Project Engineer job description?
Our Project Engineer job description template was created to be used as a sample job posting. Change our sample in any way you need, making sure to update the posting with any additional skills, training, knowledge, experience, education, or traits you need will from an ideal Art Director applicant.
What other job titles could be used in place of Project Engineer?
Other possible job titles for a Project Engineer could be Project Manager, Construction Project Engineer, or Entry-Level Project Engineer.
What information should I include in my job posting for a Project Engineer?
When you are writing your job posting for a Project Engineer, include any additional information that may be unique to the position with your company. If there are any responsibilities your company will need your Project Engineer to handle that are not mentioned in our template, be sure to include them in your job posting.
Could you share any sample interview questions for when I interview a Project Engineer?
We have sample interview questions for each one of our job descriptions. After you have finished creating your job posting for a Project Engineer, have a look at our list of sample questions that you can ask when you interview a potential Project Engineer.