Social Media Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking for a creative, experienced Social Media Coordinator to join our team and help our social accounts improve reach and engagement. You will be responsible for conducting research on our target audience, developing KPIs, and designing social campaigns and a social media strategy that will help us reach our goals. Excellent communication skills are a must, as you will be working with multiple teams to ensure cohesiveness in all the text, image, and video content created for our platforms.
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role, and a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. You should have a strong understanding of current best practices for multiple social networks, and previous experience using tools to monitor and measure the effectiveness of the campaigns you create. If this sounds like you, get in touch.
Social Media Coordinator Responsibilities
- Research the preferences of the target audience
- Discover any current trends that may be applicable
- Develop, implement, and manage our strategy for each social media platform
- Create engaging content in text, image, and video format
- Design social media posts that will sustain the curiosity of readers and create a buzz around any new products or services
- Collaborate with designers and copywriters on creating informative, attractive content
- Measure all web traffic
- Monitor SEO
- Define social media KPIs
- Ensure maximum effectiveness by staying up-to-date with any changes on all social platforms
- Train co-workers on how to use social media in a beneficial way
- Ensure cohesiveness between coworkers on social platforms
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Product Development teams
- Facilitate conversations online with customers and respond to any questions
- Report on online feedback and reviews from fans and customers
- Create an optimal schedule for posting, considering both customer engagement metrics as well as web traffic
- Oversee the layout of all social media accounts
- Suggest new methods to attract prospective customers, such as competitions or promotions
- Suggest ways to optimize content
- Measure campaign success
- Stay on top of the current best practices and technologies for each social media platform
- Use social media marketing tools to improve efficiency and manage all accounts effectively
- Communicate with both industry professionals and social media influencers to create a strong social network
Social Media Coordinator Requirements
- BSc/BA degree in Marketing, New Media, or a related field
- Previous experience working as a Social Media Coordinator or in a similar role
- Knowledge and expertise with multiple social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram
- Previous experience doing audience research and buyer persona research
- In-depth knowledge of Google Analytics, keyword research, and SEO
- Ability to deliver creative text, image, and video content
- Familiar with marketing channels and online marketing strategies
- Familiar with web design and publishing
- Ability to grasp future digital technology trends and act on them proactively
- Ability to multitask
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Critical thinker
- Excellent time-management skills
Social Media Coordinator Job Description FAQ
Am I able to customize the Social Media Coordinator job description?
Our Social Media Coordinator job description template is meant to be used as a sample job posting that you can build upon and customize as needed. Edit our sample in any way you see fit, making sure to add any additional skills, training, experience, knowledge, education, or soft skills you need will from an ideal Social Media Coordinator applicant.
What other job titles could be used in place of Social Media Coordinator?
Other possible job titles for a Social Media Coordinator could be a Social Media Marketing Coordinator, Social Media Strategist, or Social Media Specialist.
What information should I include in my job posting for a Social Media Coordinator?
When you are creating your job posting for a Social Media Coordinator, include any additional qualifications or requirements that your company may require from someone in this position. If there are any responsibilities your company will need your Social Media Coordinator to handle that are not listed here in our template, make sure that you include them in your job posting.
Could you share any sample interview questions for Social Media Coordinator interviews?
We have sample interview questions for each one of our job descriptions. After you have finished creating your job posting for a Social Media Coordinator, have a look at our list of sample questions that you can ask Social Media Coordinator applicants in an interview.