Webmasters are responsible for building and managing servers and websites. They are responsible for ensuring the security and functionality of websites and web servers. Webmasters work with designers to create website designs, and marketers to create website ads and adwords campaigns.
View the free example Webmaster job description template below.
Webmaster Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Webmaster who can maintain and update our websites and servers. You will be responsible for ensuring our sites are secure, easy-to-use, and appealing to users. You should stay on top of current SEO trends and make any necessary updates to improve performance and minimize downtime. You will be updating our websites, fixing any broken links and images, improving page load speeds, and creating backups.
Webmaster Job Responsibilities
- Build functional websites that are easy to use
- Collaborate with marketing staff on website ad campaigns
- Collaborate with designers to agree on a design for the websites
- Create a website style guide for cohesive design elements across all pages
- Test websites using different devices, browsers, and operating systems
- Update content on the website to keep pages fresh and intriguing
- Review the site content and update with current SEO trends
- Monitor, analyze, and report on all online traffic
- Analyze site performance
- Ensure web site and web server functionality and efficiency
- Make sure hardware and software are functioning
- Respond to user complaints quickly and appropriately
- Manage access rights for users
- Maintain and configure virtual and cloud-based servers
- Troubleshoot servers
- Set up firewalls
- Set up login pages
- Optimize site loading speeds
- Fix broken links and images
- Meet with management and report regularly on current functionality and plans for future functionality
- Perform any necessary updates
- Minimize downtime
- Communicate with management on ways we can improve usability
- Respond to user comments and questions
Webmaster Job Requirements
- BSc or BA degree in Computer Science, Design, or another related field
- Previous experience as a Webmaster or Web Developer
- Understanding of web analytics
- Familiar with web content management systems such as WordPress or Sitefinity
- Understanding of search engine optimization and current best practices
- Familiar with current web standards
- Knowledge of tools for website management
- Proficient in HTML/CSS and XML
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication abilities
- Able to analyze traffic metrics and report on them
Webmaster Job Description FAQ
Am I able to change the Webmaster job description?
Our Webmaster job description is a template for your job posting. It is meant to be used as a sample, which you can edit and customize as needed. Read through our job description and edit it to include any additional information or changes as you see fit.
What other job titles could be used in place of Webmaster?
Other possible job titles for a Webmaster could be a Web Designer or Web Developer.
What information should I include in my job posting for a Webmaster?
If your company has any unique qualifications or requirements, include them in your Webmaster job posting. Edit our template and add any additional responsibilities you will require of your Webmaster.
Do you have some sample interview questions for Webmaster interviews?
We have sample interview questions for all of our job descriptions. After you have created your job posting for a Webmaster, have a look at our list of sample interview questions that you can ask Webmaster applicants.